I’ve recently been awarded 2 lovely Blog Awards by 2 lovely friends:
Subadra, of the invaluable blog Library of Books, Links, and More has bestowed upon me the honour of Beautiful Blogger. Thank you so much, Subadra! 🙂
I’m now to share 7 things about myself. I thought I’d have a theme for this, so I’ve chosen simple pleasures:
- Hugs from Esa
- Chocolate cake and ice cream and elasticated trousers (I’m lumping those into one since they’re so closely related…)
- Finding a cold spot on the pillow
- My watercolour palette open in front of me, paintbrush in hand
- A purring cat on my lap
- A good book (Cough! Twilight. Cough!)
- Fresh, warm towels
And now the second award…
Suji, from one of my favourite blogs, Funschooling, has kindly awarded me the title of Versatile Blogger. Thanks, Suji! 🙂
Once again I’m to share 7 things about myself. Well, how about the opposite theme to the one above? Seven pet-peeves 🙂
- Any kind of noise or light while I’m trying to sleep (apart from the fan…I like having the fan on while sleeping).
- Eating in front of others. I’m messy and clumsy and I really prefer to eat alone.
- Incorrect grammar/spelling/punctuation on signs and publications (Bed’s on Sale! Cash you’re check here! Promptness and polite service is garanteed!) Ugh.
- Being the centre of attention. I’m shy and blush easily; I hate all eyes being on me.
- When someone takes the rubbish out but doesn’t put a new bag in and I’m standing there with my hands full of slimy potato and carrot peelings or egg shells or chicken fat and nowhere to put them!
- When Ben and Jerry’s ice cream is on sale but there isn’t any chocolate chip cookie dough in stock.
- Uncomfortable shoes. No stilettos for me, thankyouverymuch. Pass me the Hush Puppies; I don’t care if you call me Granny!
I now have the daunting task of passing these awards on to others. I don’t read all that many blogs, and most of my favourite blogs have already received one or both of these awards, so I only have one person I’d like to pass these on to…she’s a new friend that I’ve ‘met’ through blogging. She homeschools her gifted son and, as I do, she enjoys art during her free time.